Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Leaving For The Gutters

I was at the park with my boys yesterday and watched them play a game in which they attempted to see who could catch the most falling leaves. It was quite hilarious, because the task is a bit trickier than one would expect. Some fall fast and in a straight line, while others topple end over end and flutter unpredictably to the ground. Ahh, the blessings of an Indiana Autumn...

The falling leaves reminded me of that glorious task I enjoy doing twice a year-cleaning out my gutters. I have a mental note to clean mine on each occasion of the time-change (though where I live, we never change...how confusing!). The first weekend in April and the last weekend in October usually find me pulling out the ladder, lugging the leaf-blower, water hose and a good stiff broom up onto my roof to set about cleaning gutters. This year, however, I am a bit behind. In the next couple weeks I'll be raking leaves in the yard, blowing leaves from my driveway and sidewalks, and of course, doing the dirty work with the gutters. As I said, I have to do it at least twice a year, but some folks I know do it much more often because of the great amount of trees that surround their homes. 

I read an article today by Bill Lewis entitled appropriately enough,Gutter Maintenence. It doesn't really tell me anything I haven't heard before, necessarily, but it is a good overview of all that needs to be done. If you, like me, need to get the gutter job done, check out this article and of course, be careful!

This post was written by Jeremy and originally appeared here.

No comments:

Post a Comment